How to fix Battlefield and Battlefield Play4Free lag? (UPDATED)
- 2012.06.28 09:03
UPDATED 19.07.2019 14:00
While talking in this post about Battlefield lag, we will focus on the major lag reasons in the BF3 multiplayer modes and Battlefield Play4free. Presuming that a lagging Battlefield player's computer meets the system requirements of Battlefield 3, the lag or high latency will mainly be caused from the game server, ISP or on the player's end (YOUR computer).
When it comes to transfer or synchronization of data packages from the player's computer through the router or modem to the line or signal of the ISP, who is forwarding those to the Battlefield 3 game server and back, high latency happens if packages are delivered or transferred too slowly or packages get lost.
Why Battlefield 3 lags?
A result of high latency is commonly called game lag. Various actions or movements in the game are stopped or slowed. In some cases, the game can freeze for a second or two and in heavy cases a player might even get disconnected from Battlefield 3.
Note that the developers of Battlefield 3 do a very good job and they put much effort in new technologies but unfortunately, they cannot solve issues caused by ISPs or the player's end (computer).
The goal for every BF3 multiplayer mode player who lags is surely to reduce the lag as much as technically possible. Some might think that an ultra-fast internet connection might cause BF3 to perform faster and be lag free, but a fast internet connection doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be lag.
Surely, if all other possible causes are not causing the lag, a faster internet connection might bring some reduction. But unfortunately in most of the Battlefield 3 multiplayer lag situations, there are more factors that cause the high latency.
Player's computer causes Battlefield 3 lag:
Internet Service Provider causes Battlefield 3 lag:
- Download Latency Optimizer 4.0 which will assist you with fixing Battlefield 3 lag
- Install a proper anti-virus scanner
- Troubleshoot your internet connection with Speedtest4free and Connectivity Fixer.
How to fix Battlefield lag caused by the game server?
- Unfortunately, you cannot do much except to watch your end as in some cases the game server just lags for you as your computer/system causes the lag. An example could be a table tennis match where an inexperienced player plays with a professional. After some time of failing to return the ball, the professional player might stop playing with you.
- Report BF3 lag to the Battlefield 3 support
Tune & tweak your internet connection with Latency Optimizer 4.0 to ensure that your end is issue free when it comes to synchronization.
- Be patient!
How to fix Battlefield lag caused from Internet Service Provider?
- Send a support ticket and explain the issue
- Look periodically for maintenance announcements on the ISP website
- Troubleshoot your internet connection speed. Test the upload and download speed, test the ping, test the latency and send a full report to ISP if you notice that something isn't right. This is a good base to get attention as you dealing with facts. (You can use Latency Optimizer and Speedtest4free to save and compare speed and ping test results. Latency Optimizer 4.0 will also allow you to do a latency test).
Ask your ISP if he can advise you on some router/modem tweaks or port-forward your connection. Port-forwarding has a slight chance to solve lag issues.
- Change your ISP if the issues are clearly caused on his end and no steps are taken to improve your internet connection.
Latency Optimizer 4.0 can assist you to fix Battlefield 3 and Battlefield Play4free lag!
» Reduce high latency - Fix lag by online games and online application.
» Improve your up and download speed
» Balance your System Memory
» Get rid of unwanted Files what slows down your PC performance.
» Speed up your surfing experience
» Measure your up and download speed
» Test your latency
* Source and Copyright form all BF media used:: EA