How To Increase Game Performance
- 2015.05.26 10:15
- View Comments
Online games like League of Legends (LOL) Guild Wars 2, Black Ops 2, Minecraft, LOTRO, SWTOR, Tera, Rift, WOW (World of Warcraft), Dragon Nest, ESO (Elder Scrolls Online), World of Tanks (WOT), Dofus, Drakensang,Combat Arms, Runes of Magic (ROM), Aion or Diablo 3 all those depend on the performance of your Computer, Modem/Router, Internet Provider and the Game Server!
How To Increase Game Performance
Slow game perfromance is usually caused if computers, ISP or game servers latency get high. Such high latency is resulting in lag and fps drop!
What can actually cause this performance issues that can make online games laggy?
- Restrictions in the router/modem harm your internet connection speed.
- Temporary maintenance or internet gateway issues.
- If your computer doesn't meet the system requirements, graphics card driver, motherboard driver, audio card driver and network card driver are not regularly updated.
- If your system memory is low or there are other causes of a slow performing system like missing or wrong registry settings, corrupted system processes, third party software applications using too much system resources.
- If your CPU usage is high because of infections, third party software applications or misconfiguration of the system internals.
- If your Internet connection settings are wrongly configured, the TCP/IP protocol is corrupted and or there are malfunctioning processes related to your internet connection.
- Lack of periodic system maintenance.
- Your router or modem needs a firmware update or driver update. Some routers and modems require special settings for individual games.
- A weak signal or bad line provided by your Internet Service Provider.
- High ping on the game server because of internet gateway issues.
- Technical issues on the ISP's side or oversold bandwidth.
- Game servers are under maintenance, getting high load or are under attack.
- New updates and patches are causing temporary lag or high latency.
- Other trivial reasons that may be causing high latency!
What Hardware parts can cause high latency?
3. Graphic card
4. Audio card
5. Network card
6. Hard disk
10. Modem / Router
11. USB device
13. Other gaming devices
What software and operating system settings can cause high latency
1. Drivers and firmware (updates and settings).
2. 3rd party Applications (like Flash player, web browser, firewall, virus scanner).
3. Plug-ins, tool bars and add-ons.
4. Registry entries.
5. System processes.
6. System settings
8. System Services
9. Balance of system memory.
High Internet latency can cause:
- Player actions are delayed or not performed.
- Sound or music is stopping or not performed.
- Screenplay is stopping or freezing.
- The mouse courser is stopping or freezing.
- Delay in data synchronization of online games.
- Computer crashes (blue screen).
- Disconnection from the game server.
- Log-in problems.
- Game related uploads and downloads are delayed or not performed.
Here are our suggestionson how to speed up the performance of online games
1. Download Latency Optimizer to assist you to speed up and fix lag.
2. Install a proper anti-virus scanner.
3. Maintenance your computer and operating system on a weekly base.
4. Download Connectivity Fixer from our website in the case Winsock or IP is corrupted. Buy Connectivity Fixer PRO to assist you with limited or no connectivity and many other internet connection and Internet Explorer issues.
5. Troubleshoot your internet connection speed. Test the upload and download speed, test the ping, test the latency and send a full report to your ISP if you notice something isn't right. This is a good base to get attention as you would be dealing with facts. (You can use Latency Optimizer and Speedtest4free to save and compare speed test and ping test results. Latency Optimizer will also allow you to do a latency test).
6. Send a support ticket and explain the issue to your ISP if the issue is caused on his end.
7. Look periodically for announcements on the ISP website (maintenance, technical issues).
8. Ask your ISP if he can advise you on some router/modem tweaks or port-forward your connection. Port-forwarding has a slight chance of solving lag issues and speeding up Facebook. At least check if filters block your web browser.
9. Change your ISP if the issues are clearly caused on his end and no steps are taken to improve your internet connection.
10. Update all drivers and firmware regularly.
11. Change malfunctioning hardware parts.
12. Study the manual of your firewall and anti-virus scanner on best uses while surfing the Internet or playing online games.
13. Update your flash player.
Tools, Utilities and Software Programs for online gamers
Fine-tunes and tweaks your internet connection, optimizes your RAM, cleans your hard disks and system. Latency Optimizer furthermore includes: startup manager, speed test, ping test, latency test and much more...
Connectivity Fixer PRO
Automatically tries to re-connect to the Internet for you if you got disconnected. Includes beside the Winsock and IP fix various tools to repair your Internet connection.
Allows you to measure your up and download speed and provides you data about your ping. Very recommended to troubleshoot your internet connection for online gaming!
This utility enables all MSI graphics card users to boost graphic performance and to monitor all kind different information related to your graphics card. This tool supports almost all graphics cards.
This program allows you to fine tune your EVGA graphics card for the maximum performance possible.
It is the only program of its type with overclock function to support multiple graphics cards from multiple chipset vendors, simultaneously, under every Windows operating system from Windows 95 to the x64-bit edition of Windows 7.
It is a process priority optimization, CPU affinity optimization, and system automation utility. Priority optimization, affinity optimization, core optimization, automated rules, automated power schemes, you name it and Process Lasso has it.
Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is a free registry repair software that allows you to safely clean and repair registry problems with a few simple mouse clicks.
Avast Internet Security
avast! Internet Security provides complete antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-spam, and firewall protection, a must for every online gamer (may need some extra adjustments of some settings).
Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, Trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more that could possibly slow down your internet connection and PC performance.