Guild Wars 2 Lag After Update
- 2017.05.30 18:13
Our new GAME UPDATE section helps you to identify lag, high latency, ping and FPS drops after game updates. We also provide quick fixes to recover from lag after updates. This time we cover Guild Wars 2 patches & updates.
The provided solutions apply to: Game Update Guild Wars 2 - May 16, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - May 2, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - April 18, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - March 28, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - April 1, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - March 7, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - February 22, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - February 8, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - January 17, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - January 10, 2017, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - December 13, 2016, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - November 21, 2016, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - November 8, 2016, Game Update Guild Wars 2 - November 1, 2016
Guild Wars 2 Lag Results
Take a look on the results shown in the pie chart above! As you can see the most common problems after Arenanet releases a new update are:
1. Login issues - High amount of players can´t login
2. Disconnections - A fair amount of players disconnects from the game
3. Action lag - Some players experience lag while taking actions
4. Graphics lag - Few players have issues with stuttering graphics
5. Fight lag - Players have lag issues while fighting with NPs or pvp
6. UI lag - Some players struggling with the User Interface
7. Server lag - A quite big amount of players is affected from server lag in various situations
8. World lag - The game world is lagging for some players
*Statistics are based on submitted data from users of Latency Optimizer and might be not represenative for all the global player base of Guild Wars 2.
Guild Wars 2 Update Trailer
What you can do to fix lag in Guild Wars 2 after a new update
1. Stay calm! Don´t try to be the first to login the game, give it some few hours or even 1 day time. You will save yourself a lot of stress this way!
2. Visit the Guild Wars 2 support website for any new announcements.
3. Check your server status here.
4. Update and or disable addons you don´t need or that are out of date!
5. Make a speed and ping test to ensure its not your internet connection. You can do that for free here.
6. Check if the System Requirements have changed.
7. Temporary set all graphics settings in the game menu to lowest.
8. Ask your guildies or mates if they face lag issues as well. Alternatively contact them over Skype or Teamspeak.
9. Ensure that your PC or better said your Operating System doesn't have any issues. Example: Virus infection, not properly configured internet settings, high CPU usage or something similar.
10. Use the Performance Recorder integrated in Latency Optimizer and record your Guild Wars 2 game-play for about 10 - 15 mins. to ensure it is not your PC that causes the lag problem.
11. Tune & Tweak your PC or Laptop if the lag isn´t gone after 48 hours. Download Latency Optimizer for free here.
12. If Guild Wars 2 still keeps lagging but you are quite sure it is not connected with the mentioned causes and suggestions above, you might want to re-install!
blog comments powered by Disqus