How to lower latency in Network & Internet (UPDATED)
- 2011.11.18 16:06
- View Comments
UPDATED: 05.07.2019 9:20
In wireless network connection, latency is regarded as the delay caused between the information and signal that originates at the transmitting end and which is also received at another end. Latency is the combination of the time (measured in milisecond) which is needed for sending data across a considerable distance (usually equal to speed of light) and processing time that is required at each end.
High Latency is referred to the long delay caused in this process while low latency, on the other hand, is the shorter delay. This kind of latency is caused due to several factors like the long distance satellite or the transcontinental links.
Various types of digital connections (Networks) add various quantities of latency with compression, encoding and process at the ends, which sometimes points in-between. Additional latency also is added if the connection spans among multiple networks. Latency is a key factor that affects perceived speed of data connection and is entirely different from bandwidth. A lot of confusion is noticed between the latencies, especially if the internet accelerator renders high latency and bandwidth of the network or connection. Bandwidth just defines speed of individual network connection. However, latency defines those delays that are incorporated in the network, between the host, isp and remote server. Latencies concerned with a network are of two categories called high latency and low latency.
Data packets are delayed in large numbers
On networks having high latency, while the situation is totally opposite in case of low latency. Latency thoroughly depends on the routing protocol that is followed in general by the ISP (Internet Service Provider). High latency or improved latency can be achieved by changing the routing protocols, and doing so is possible by the ISP. However, in many cases, the ISP may not induce latency of any kind and such situations result in improper configuration of the users network and operating system. One of the common causes behind high latency can be attributed to the existing firewalls that block various ports, various infections, 3rd party software and wrong user inputs. In all these cases registry entries might have been manipulated, system process and network settings corrupted.
Here is what you can do in case you are experiancing issues with high latency, so you dont have to worry slow download speed and lag:
• Switch to wired connection. If you are using Wi-Fi signal in your household for online video games or applications, keep in mind that many factors can interupt the wireless signal.
• Reboot the network software and hardware. Router in your household should be often refreshed, turn it off for a couple of minutes then turn it back on. As for software, it allways depents which one yo uare using. They tend to limit bandwidth or block certain ports to network. Most common fix would be to reinstall or remove the program.
• Anti-virus or Firewall. People with the fair ammount of knowledge should know how to disable firewall, but this is not usually suggested unless you know what you are doing. Firewall is programmed to block rouge or corrupted data (virus) to enter your domain. Sometimes firewalla recognises normal programs as a threat, hence limiting the connection.
• Upgrade your local ISP network package. More bandwidth equals more upload and download speed, unfortunately an expensive fix.
• Close bandwidth intensive applications. Some programs such as Torrent often seed their downloads, which uses additional upload speed. Steam automatically updates games, which can rang up to 50GB. Try to maintain control over these apps.
The PC can more effectively communicate with an Internet accelerator like Latency Optimizer 4
However, in situations where the ports remain closed by firewalls, the packets find it extremely difficult to safely reach their destination, leading to a situation of high latency. In cases like this, improved latency can be obtained by opting for port forwarding. Thus, latency is described as the delay between the signal that has originated and the one that is received.
One must understand that high latency is thoroughly influenced by the internet connection and an Internet accelerator like Latency Optimizer 4, which maintains the network and keeps the connection clear.
The process has in fact revolutionized the way communication takes place along with other means of operation and interaction, which is provided to consumers through different means. It has also equally enabled a long network along with distant communication that makes it an ideal way of using online services all over the globe.
If there are problems you do not know how to deal with, Latency Optimizer 4 takes makes sure you do not experience bandwidth loss and lag spikes because of corrupted data. It will search, diagnose and fix the related issues on your operating system.blog comments powered by Disqus