How to repair Winsock, fix IP and DNS issues by Internet connection problems?
- 2012.10.19 03:39
Internet connections are vulnerable to tons of issues that may cause them to be broken. Limited or no connectivity messages often pop up and the user has no clue in most of the situations why this is happening.
Why does my Internet disconnect? What is limited or no connectivity? How can I repair Winsock? Why I can't I access my LAN network? Why does my wireless internet connection have a yellow warning message?
These are some of the most common questions internet users are asking when they get disconnected or some specific websites they want to visit don't open. In this article, we will give suggestions on how to repair Winsock, IP and DNS issues, 3 of the most common issues internet users get confronted with.
How to fix Winsock, IP and DNS issues?
Winsock, IP and client side DNS are essential services and protocols for your internet connection (settings). Let us now to troubleshoot Winsock, IP and DNS issues and come up with some suggestions on how to fix them!
Warning: If your internet connection is broken, corrupted or not configured properly, Winsock, IP and DNS issues are only 3 of the many causes of those issues! In order to recover your internet connection and settings, we suggest that you browse our Blog for other clues on slow or no internet connection issues as well!
We also suggest that you educate yourself by reading the short explanations of Winsock, Internet protocol (IP) and DNS at the end of this article!
1. Troubleshoot Winsock, IP and DNS issues
- The classic appearance of Winsock, IP or DNS issues are if your web browser doesn't open some specific or no websites at all. The so called error 404 can be of course caused by a moved website or some kind of server issue as well. But be aware that infections and many other things can corrupt your Winsock, which would lead to a 404 error!
- Winsock, IP and DNS are important and any corruption could lead to limited or no connectivity errors.
- Another very common issue could be that your internet connection is periodically or non- periodically disconnecting!
- Of course Winsock, IP and DNS issues can cause more issues with your internet connection for online games, VoIP or any other web based service!
How to repair a broken internet connection via Winsock, IP and DNS fix?
Winsock, IP and DNS issues are connectivity issues related to your internet connection.
You should especially keep an eye on your internet connection after a virus, Trojan, worm, spyware, adware, root kit or other malware infection. Even after you have successfully cleaned such infection, your internet connection can be still corrupted or may not work properly.
In order to fix these 3 common issues, you can download Connectivity Fixer free from our website or buy Connectivity Fixer PRO, which will help you to troubleshoot and assist you to solve most of the viral internet connection issues like:
|- Some web page cannot be displayed||- Limited or no connectivity|
|- Error 404||- Internet Explorer stopped working|
|- Unwanted disconnects||- Winsock and IP errors|
|- Client DNS and DNS cache issues||- Internet Explorer performance issues (cache)|
|- Connection issues after infections||- Others ...|
1. What is the Winsock?The Windows Sockets API (WSA), which was later shortened to Winsock, is a technical specification that defines how Windows network software should access network services, especially TCP/IP. It defines a standard interface between a Windows TCP/IP client application (such as an FTP client or a web browser) and the underlying TCP/IP protocol stack.
"Wikipedia.org" More info at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsock
2. What is The Internet Protocol (IP)?
The Internet Protocol (IP) is the principal communications protocol used for relaying datagrams (also known as network packets) across an internetwork using the Internet Protocol Suite responsible for routing packets across network boundaries. It is the primary protocol that establishes the Internet.
"Wikipedia.org" More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocolMore
3. What is the DNS?The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical distributed naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities. A Domain Name Service resolves queries for these names into IP addresses for the purpose of locating computer services and devices worldwide. By providing a worldwide, distributed keyword-based redirection service, the Domain Name System is an essential component of the functionality of the Internet.
"Wikipedia.org" More info at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System
Fix connectivity issues Download Connectivity Fixer to assist you to repair your internet connection!