Prey Lag Fix
- 2017.06.01 14:08
Fix lag in Prey fast and efficient with our step by step instructions. Currently some players experiences FPS drop, high latency, stuttering lag, login issues and disconnections. We will guide you trough the most common issues and provide data about the current lag situation for this new game release for PC, Xbox One and PS4 of Bethesda.
How To Fix Prey Lag?
With PREY Bethesda developed one of the most exiting single-player first-person shooter for sci-fi thriller fans ever!
PREY - Play Your Way and gain alien skills and powers. Craft increasingly useful items via blueprints, gadgets and tools to survive unprecedented threats. Alien creatures are on their way to over take the world and you will have to stand against them.
To ensure you will get the most fun out of this game we will guide you trough some lag problems like FPS drop, high latency, graphics stuttering that occurred after the release for some players.
Current Lag Problems in Prey
We currently do not have enough data to show you a brake-over of the lag happenings in the game but we will update this article as soon we have some valuable statistics regarding action lag, graphics lag, fight lag, UI lag, world lag, audio lag or mouse lag. You can check other lag results examples (League of Legends) here and ( Guild Wars 2) here.
Player reporting lag in Prey watch on YouTube!
Here are some suggestions on how to fix lag in Prey
Prey PC or Laptop Lag Fix
1. Check the Prey´s support website about updates or other technical issues.
2. Limit FPS via A.): Navigate to %UserProfile%\Saved Games\Arkane Studios\Prey\game.cfg B.): Search for 'sys_MaxFPS' and change the value from 149 to 999 or limit it to lower to reduce lag from FPS drop. ( !!! Make a copy of the original file before changing any values)
3. Download free software to monitor temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of a computer from here.
4. Change the graphic settings to lowest like in the provided picture.
5. Double check if your hardware meets the system requirements
CPU: Intel i5-2400 or AMD FX-8320
GPU: GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
Memory: 8 GB
CPU: Intel i7-2600K or AMD FX-8350
GPU: GTX 970 4GB, AMD R9 290 4GB
Memory: 16 GB
6. Record your computer performance while playing Prey with Latency Optimizer to get deeper inside what could cause the troubles.
7. Optimize latency and performance of your computer via this software.
8. Use Security Software that is more game friendly.
9. Update your graphics and audio drivers
10. Disable V-sync, triple buffering and turn off anti-aliasing in the game settings menu
11. Re-install the game if step 1 - step 9 are not working.
12. Visit the knowledgebase for more solutions...
Prey XBOX Lag Fix
1. Make a major reboot via pressing the "Xbox" button for 30 - 60 seconds.
- Disconnect your Xbox One from the power source.
- Wait 120 seconds and re-connect to the power source.
- Start Xbox One
2. Clear unnecessary saved game-clips to increase performance.
3. Set your TV connection to HDMI:
Press the Xbox button.
Select All Settings.
Select Display & Sound.
Select Video Output.
Select TV Connection.
Prey PS4 Lag Fix
1. Reduce the frames from 60ms to 30 ms.
2. Allow game updates only if in "rest" mode.
3. IF NOTHING ELSES HELPS AND LAG IS PERMANENT then try this on your own risk:
Booting into safe mode via:
1. Holding the power button untill you hear a beep sound and the power light gets red.
2. Power your PS4 back ON by holding the power button down until you hear an initial beep but wait another 5- 10 sec. until you hear a 2nd beep.
3. After you hear the 2ndd beep, release the power button. The safe mode screens will appear. Important: You must use a wired controller since Bluetooth is not active in safe mode.
Choose: >>> "Rebuild Database" from the option menu. (This can take 2mins. until 30 mins. depending on your stored data)
(Be aware of possible data loss! This is a "nothing is helping" solution and you do that on your own risk!)
Prey Lag Fix Software
blog comments powered by Disqus