WOW Lag After Patch / Update
- 2017.05.30 16:21
- View Comments
Our new GAME UPDATE section helps you to identify lag, high latency, ping and FPS drops after game updates. We also provide quick fixes to recover from lag after updates. This time we cover WOW updates & patches.
The provided solutions apply to WOW patch 2.0, WOW patch 2.1, WOW patch 2.3, WOW patch 2.4, WOW patch 3.0, WOW patch 3.1, WOW patch 3.2, WOW patch 3.3, WOW patch 4.0, WOW patch 4.1, WOW patch 4.2, WOW patch 4.3, WOW patch, WOW patch 5.0, WOW patch 5.1, WOW patch 5.2, WOW patch 5.3, WOW patch 5.4, WOW patch 6.0, WOW patch 6.1, WOW patch 6.2
WOW LAG AFTER NEW PATCH?
Yes! Most likely! Shortly after Blizzard releases a new patch, lag, high latency, ping and FPS problems occure for most WOW players and you might ask yourself if you will ever be able to play WOW without this stuttering lag? And the answer to this is: YES! Most likely! We monitor lag behavior after WOW patches/updates since 2009 and we can securely say that the for 90% of all players the lag will be gone after the game servers stabilize. In some cases players needed to wait for few days until hot-fixes got issues, if it was necessary. But before we will give you suggestions on how to overcome lag issues after a patch release we will provide you with the titles of all patch.
World Of Warcraft Patch History
1. Patch 2.0 Burning Crusade
2. Patch 2.1 The Black Temple
3. Patch 2.3 The Gods of Zul´Aman
4. Patch 2.4 Fury of the Sunnwell
5. Patch 3.0 Wrath of the Lich King
6. Patch 3.1 Secrets of Ulduar
7. Patch 3.2 Call of the Crusade
8. Patch 3.3 Fall of the Lich King
9. Patch 4.0 Cataclysm
10. Patch 4.1 Rise of the Zandalari
11. Patch 4.2 Rage of the Firelands
12. Patch 4.3 Hour of Twilight
13. Patch 5.0 Mists of Pandaria
14. Patch 5.1 Landfall
15 Patch 5.2 The Thunder King
16. Patch 5.3 Escalation
17. Patch 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar
18. Patch 6.0 Warlords of Draenor
19. Patch 6.1 Garrisons Update
20. Patch 6.2 Furry of Hellfire
Fury of Hellfire patch trailer
Do you remember all the login screens of WOW?
Lag causes after WOW patch update
This is whats happening after a new patch releases for almost all players:
A.) Login issues and disconnection
B.) World and Garrison lag
C.) Armory not updating
D.) Battlegrounds are down
E.) Party Finder doesn't work properly
F.) Extreme high latency in arena matches
G.) Game doesn't start anymore
H.) Battle.net friend list is offline
I.) Addons (LUNA) errors
J.) Flying mount (taxi) and/ or teleportation is not working properly
K.) Heavy FPS drop and or highly RED latency bar
L.) and much more... you name it!
How to fix WOW lag after patch update?
1. Stay calm! Don´t try to be the first to login the game, give it some few hours or even 1 day time. You will save yourself a lot of stress this way!
2. Visit the WOW support website for any new announcements.
3. Check your server status here.
4. Update and or disable addons you don´t need or that are out of date!
5. Clear your WTF cache folder if you face issues after a patch.
6. Make a speed and ping test to ensure its not your internet connection. You can do that for free here.
7. Check if the System Requirements have changed.
8. Ask your guildies or mates on battle.net if they face lag issues as well. Alternatively contact them over Skype or Teamspeak.
9. Ensure that your PC or better said your Operating System doesn't have any issues. Example: Virus infection, not properly configured internet settings, high CPU usage or something similar.
10. Use the Performance Recorder integrated in Latency Optimizer and record your WOW game-play for about 10 - 15 mins. to ensure it is not your PC that causes the lag problem.
11. Tune & Tweak your PC or Laptop if the lag isn´t gone after 48 hours. Download Latency Optimizer for free here.
12. If WOW still keeps lagging but you are quite sure it is not connected with the mentioned causes and suggestions above, you might want to re-install WOW but this is horrifying, tho!
blog comments powered by Disqus